Anyone had any luck installing MGE on a server running Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.5? I went through the manual configuration for IIS 7 and made sure everything in the install guide was setup properly. When I try to login in Studio, I get the message "Cannot connect to the specified site URL." And when I try to login to the Site Administrator, I get the message "The webpage cannot be found".
A little bit convoluted, but here are the steps I had to go through to get MGE and PHP running on the server and MG Studio running on a remote system. Steps 1-7 resulted in MGE and PHP running properly. Steps 8-10 resolved an Unhandled Exception error in MG Studio. NOTE: I had to do a complete reinstall of MGE and the Web Extensions with a new serial number provided by Autodesk in order to get MG Studio working. So, if you are getting an Unhandled Exception error in MG Studio, you might want to double-check the serial number and/or license file with Autodesk.
Steps to configure MGE on Server 2008 and IIS 7.5
1. Installed MGE Web Extensions using Manual Configuration option.
2. Edited the PHP.INI file to correct the extension_dir parameter from C:\Program Files\MGOS… to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2010….
3. Added PHP Registry Key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE.
4. Enabled 32 bit applications for the MapGuide2010 app pool in IIS Mgr.
5. Disabled Windows Authentication for the mapguide2010 virtual directory.
6. Enabled the CGI-exe in the mapagent virtual directory under Handler Mappings.
7. Added ajaxviewer.aspx as the default document to the mapviewerajax virtual directory.
8. Started lmgrid.exe
9. Stopped/Started License Manager and reread license file.
10. Restarted MapGuide Enterprise service.