Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Integration with PHP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
293 Views, 3 Replies

Java Integration with PHP

Hi,

I am running Apache and have installed the Java version of MapGuide Enterprise and have done some development with Java around MapGuide. I have some extensive code around PHP that I would live to integrate with MapGuide Enterprise and was wondering if MapGuide Enterprise can run both Java and PHP at the same time. I do not want to have to convert the code over to Java and be able to use either Java or PHP with MapGuide Enterprise. I know that PHP does get installed but before I do any test was just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks

Bob
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

It is possible to use both at the same time. It's not possible to use both a Java based AJAX viewer and a PHP based AJAX viewer at the same time unless some creative URL redirection is implemented and even then I'm not sure it's possible. PHP is always installed by default to support Web Admin; however, the PHP API components are not installed. Go back to Add/Remove programs and modify the existing Web Extensions install to add the PHP component. With this setup the Java AJAX viewer will be used, but the PHP API should be available.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the information. So let me get this straight is that I can install the PHP extension and use it with the java ajax viewer. Is there a way to determine which ajax viewer we are currently running on our system to make sure that we are using the java viewer.

Thanks again for your help

Bob
Message 4 of 4
dswilson

The Viewer being used is essentially defined in your Apache or IIS setup. There are redirects defined for mapviewerajax which point to either ajaxviewer.php/jsp/aspx (in IIS) pages. In a Java install the Java viewer is the default. In a PHP install the php viewer is the default. These pages are stored in a mapviewerxxx folder on the web server. The web layouts (created in Studio) define a page which loads the viewer. In the web layout the user can specify other pages or define commands to execute scripts which can call the API you desire if it's installed. A flexible web layout in 2009 is primarily PHP based, even on a Java install.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report