Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Connectin to SQl Server Spatial with a restricted user

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
santos.bravo
445 Views, 2 Replies

Issue Connectin to SQl Server Spatial with a restricted user

Am using mapguide to publish a featuresource sql server spatial, if i connect with 'sa' or owner i have no problem, but when i connect with a restricted user to select only graphic tables i get this error:

Error occurred in Feature Source (Library://XXXXX/Data/SqlServerSpatial.FeatureSource): RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sql_expression_dependencies', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'. (Cause: RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sql_expression_dependencies', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'. , Root Cause: RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sql_expression_dependencies', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'. )

I am using Flex viewer.

I think it is a permisson issue, but, what are the minimum permissions required for a user?...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: santos.bravo

Yes, there is a bug in AIMS (or FDO rather) than does not allow you to enumerate the Databases in SQL Server if you do not have at least "connect" access to the all the databases (even just as a user). If you do that for your restricted user, you can connect to SQL Server. Alternatively you can try downloading the latest FDO DLLs for SQL Server from http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/downloads - I don't see 3.9 posted yet however.
Message 3 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: gluckett

This issue still exists with Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2016.

I think it was re-introduced again after being fixed at one time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report