Infrastructure Map Server General

Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (518 Views)

Hyperlink to network server

518 Views, 3 Replies
07-20-2012 07:01 AM

I am using the hyperlink function to url of other websites with no problems. I am also using hyperlinks to files that are store on network servers within my company. We are using an SQL table to point to these files and in MG 6.5 we never had any issues. The field in the SQL table looks like this,\\network sever\folder name\file name.pdf. Infrastructure Studio 2012 allows me to create the link between the data resource and the SDF3 file, but when I view the connection the url field is not populated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reagrds,

Kirk

Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

Re: Hyperlink to network server

07-24-2012 06:52 PM in reply to: ktamm

Don't forget the

file://
Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (494 Views)

07-25-2012 10:12 AM in reply to: gluckett
Thank you for the help, unfortunately we are still having trouble getting the link to work. Here are some snap shots, maybe you will be able to make sense of why the link will not point to the files. Here is the action And here is the result, Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, Regards, Kirk
Valued Mentor
Message 4 of 4 (492 Views)

07-25-2012 03:00 PM in reply to: ktamm

Can you try creating a virutal directory on your web server to point to the network folder?

http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/virdir/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community