Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink to network server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ktamm
807 Views, 3 Replies

Hyperlink to network server

I am using the hyperlink function to url of other websites with no problems. I am also using hyperlinks to files that are store on network servers within my company. We are using an SQL table to point to these files and in MG 6.5 we never had any issues. The field in the SQL table looks like this,\\network sever\folder name\file name.pdf. Infrastructure Studio 2012 allows me to create the link between the data resource and the SDF3 file, but when I view the connection the url field is not populated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reagrds,

Kirk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: ktamm

Don't forget the

file://
Message 3 of 4
ktamm
in reply to: gluckett

Thank you for the help, unfortunately we are still having trouble getting the link to work. Here are some snap shots, maybe you will be able to make sense of why the link will not point to the files. Here is the action And here is the result, Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, Regards, Kirk
Message 4 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: ktamm

Can you try creating a virutal directory on your web server to point to the network folder?

http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/virdir/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report