Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Display Records from SQL Server 2005 to Properties Box

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Sanjeev019
1851 Views, 1 Reply

How to Display Records from SQL Server 2005 to Properties Box

Hi,

I am new to MapGuide Enterprise Development and I am working on a project in MapGuide 2009. I need to display the records from the Database (SQL Server 2005) in to the properties box. Can it be done ?

Moreover, I have created a New InvokeURL which calls the display.aspx file to display the records in a new window. But when I select a feature from the map, the same number should get displayed in the dropdownlist present in the display.aspx file, which is not happening. How to do it?

Please, KINDLY someone come to my aid.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: Sanjeev019

In theory you should be able to connect the table to your feature souce using a JOIN. 

1. On your datasource, under "Add Properties To Classes Using Joins and Calculations" Click New > Join
  2. Click On New Join
  3. For Secondary Table, browse to your Database (ODBC will work for SQL Server)
  4. For Secondary Class, browse to the Table in the database.
  5. For Match This Column With Table On The Left, choose the column that will connect to the SQL Table.
  6. For With This Column From Secondary Class, choose the column in the SQL Server  that matches your data.

For Layer Definition:

Now that the Join is created,  be sure to choose the correct "Feature Class"  in you Layer Definition - so that all the joined columns will appear.  Then click SELECT ALL for Properties Displayed in Viewer.  That way when you select a feature, you can see all the SQL Server features.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report