Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georeferenced Images

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
199 Views, 1 Reply

Georeferenced Images

Is there a relatively quick/efficient way to download a number of images (.jpg or .tif) w/ coordinate info using only the MapGuide viewer? More specifically, can I do this with the ActiveX viewer in IE? I'd like to create a panorama so that I could reference the imagery into Autocad. TIA, Scott
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No, there is no way to do this with out of the box MapGuide. A developer might be able to come up with a way to use LiteView and a JPG to also send a calculated georeference file file for that currently displayed map image. No matter how it would be done, the image resolution would not be very good, but this would probably be OK for high-level basemap data. There is also a tool available to developers from Safe Software (their FME product rocks) called SpatialDirect that allows a MapGuide client to download spatial data being viewed in any FME supported format (DWG, Shp, etc, etc). But, I believe the cost for this is in the $10k to $20k range. -- Andy Morsell, P.E. Spatial Integrators, Inc. www.spatialgis.com "Scott Lecher" wrote in message news:406d8e33_3@newsprd01... > Is there a relatively quick/efficient way to download a number of images > (.jpg or .tif) w/ coordinate info using only the MapGuide viewer? More > specifically, can I do this with the ActiveX viewer in IE? I'd like to > create a panorama so that I could reference the imagery into Autocad. > > TIA, > > Scott > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report