Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion settings - what will happen when I install the next release?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hence_the_name
384 Views, 2 Replies

Fusion settings - what will happen when I install the next release?

Hi,

what will happen to all my settings and changes I have applied in Studio to fusion weblayout when I install the next release of MapGuide/AIMS? Will I loose any of those? Or all settings saved in the repository?

I haven't yet started but before I do I would like to know what to expect when I do an update.

With programming I assume all changes are lost if changes are made in existing files but should still be around when I create new files. Is that correct?

What are your experiences with frequent new product releases? Is the update process painless? Does it depend on how much you have configured your weblayout?

Many thanks,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: hence_the_name

Nothing.

Your data/layers/maps/settings will stay as they were, untouched in the repository until you write/modify/delete them with Studio or the MapGuide API.

Each version of MapGuide/AIMS installs to their own folder anyway, with their own separate repository, so it's not as though your applications and data will be trampled over by a new MapGuide/AIMS installation

Same thing applies to any code you've written. But really, you should be using source control (svn/git/etc) for your code, like any professional software developer should, so this is a moot point.

MapGuide/AIMS upgrades generally follow this pattern:

1. Package/Backup current data and applications

2. Uninstall/Disable old release

3. Install new release

4. Restore data and applications to new installation

It's very hard to trash your data and applications in a way that is not of your own doing.

- Jackie

Message 3 of 3
hence_the_name
in reply to: jackie.ng

Hi Jackie,

many thanks for your reply,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report