Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
cesar.schneider
1811 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion error

I've installed MGE 2011 to use Google Maps feature. I've recreated all my layers and maps from scratch to make sure that I won't have any conflict from a previous version. I'm using Slate flex layout with Google Maps as external provider.

I'm using SelectionPanel widget to show some information about my layers and when I click any feature in the map, I get a Fusion error:

WARNING: Exception occurred in AJAX callback

Message: length is null or not an oject (and sometimes: Message: C is undefined)

Two things I've figure out:

1) if I disable Google Maps as external provider (or any other provider), I don't get these errors

2) if I delete my application definition (layout) and create it again WITHOUT changing anything on map settings, I don't get these errors (at least in my local machine, but in another machine even if I do that it keeps showing those errors).

Does anybody have this kind of problem?

It might be something related to OpenLayers version or Fusion?

Any help will be welcome.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: cesar.schneider

Part of the issue may be a caching problem. Depending on which browser you are using you need to disable the caching. In IE for example you can change the settings under Tools\Internet Options\Browsing History and click the Settings button and check for newer versions every time you visit the web page. On the one machine where you created a new layout, saved it and viewed it it probably downloaded the current js definition. On the other machines it's likely cached.

Regards,

Dave

Message 3 of 6

I'm using the same configuration, maps, layers, etc I was using on MPE 2010 and I've never had this kind of problem.

I have I lot of users using this application and I can't just tell to everybody that they should disable their browser cache.

I'm sure there is another way to solve this or maybe it's really a bug on MPE2011.

Is there any option on MPE to disable caching so I can disable it on server side?

Thank you.

Cesar.

Message 4 of 6

One more thing...

Even if the browser is caching the JS files, that's not the issue because I didn't modify any JS file (i.e. widget JS's) and I'm using a fresh and default installation of MPE2011.

It seems to be some instability when I enable any external resource. As I said before, when I disable that, everything works perfectly. 

Message 5 of 6
rieksp
in reply to: cesar.schneider

Hi Cesar,

One thing to check is the order of the layers in the underlying layout xml file. In MG Studio just below the UI for the Consumer Map Service, hit the button "Edit Map Groups...". You should see something like this:

<MapGroupType id="Default">
    <Map>
      <Type>MapGuide</Type>
      <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
      <Extension>
        <ResourceId>Library://Redding/Redding Map.MapDefinition</ResourceId>
        <SelectionAsOverlay>true</SelectionAsOverlay>
        <SelectionColor>0x0000FFA0</SelectionColor>
      </Extension>
    </Map>
    <Map>
      <Type>VirtualEarth</Type>
      <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
      <Extension>
        <ResourceId>VirtualEarth</ResourceId>
        <Options>
          <name>Bing Maps Street</name>
          <type>Road</type>
        </Options>
      </Extension>
    </Map>
    <Extension />
  </MapGroupType>

Check and make sure that the <Map> group for the Map Definition is at the top of the list in front of the <Map> group for the Google, Yahoo or Bing layer.

I think that in your case the Consumer Map layer is probably at the top of the stack which is why the Selection tool cannot find any objects.

Regards // Peter

Message 6 of 6
cesar.schneider
in reply to: rieksp

Seems to be working now. One of Google map options was in the top of my custom map. But I guess if I change anything on map definition it will change to the previous order again. This is probably a bug in MapGuide Studio.

Thank you for your help.

Cesar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report