Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Error when trying to select by Attribute - MapGuide Enterprise 2010

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
clowesj
1425 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion Error when trying to select by Attribute - MapGuide Enterprise 2010

I'm trying to select features by attribute using the following code:

Var options = {};
Options.layers = ‘roads_layer’;
Options.filter = REFVAL = 'B4323'’;
Parent.Fusion.getWidgetById(‘Map’).query(options);

This produces  the Fusion Error : FATAL: xml2json: invalid XML document: MgInvalidArgumentException : ...

I find that if I add the geometry parameter to "Options" with a dummy geometry then the error goes away. But I don't want to select by geometry, just by the attribute.

The dataset I am connected to is a Shapefile.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
janechii
in reply to: clowesj

I have MGE2011 and had similar issues. From what i gather through reading from forums, the "query" in Fusion for mapguide has changed substantially and doesn't seem to want to use the "filter" option anymore, even though you'll see that in all the documentations. Instead of sending a request through Query.php, it is now going directly to mgagent.fcgi.

anyways, in the fusin library, there are 2 implementations of the query method, one for mapguide and one for mapserver. I looked at the code for mapserver's implementation (which still uses the Query.php) and reimplemented to work with mapguide and now my query method works like in the documentations.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
clowesj

Thanks. I'm glad its not just me.

Any chance you could share your code for querying MapGuide?

Message 4 of 4
janechii

Hi.

our implementation is really application specific and relies other components. it would be more confusing to look at it than the fusion one.

you should be able to find it in Fusion.Layers.MapServer class (maybe in .../fusion/layers/MapServer/MapServer.js)

search for the query method "query:". we pretty much used that exact code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums