Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Rhed
229 Views, 1 Reply

Feature join

I have read many posts regarding the feature join issues here.

In my case, I succesfully done the Data Connection using Access and Oracle XE as examples, it works fine. The message was Successful Connection. But when i suppose to do the theming of map based on the attribute from those tables i cannot see those fields. I am wondering if i just missed something but reading the documention on Getting Started, just gives me the steps on how to do the connection and saving it. I want to know if there is any documentation, even a short one showing the steps on how to do thematic mapping based on a field from an external table.

The documentation do not give a sample on how to do the thematic mapping based on an external table's field. I tried to explore on the data connection pane but still i cannot figure out the correct process.

Im stuck for the moment, i will greatly appreciate any help and suggestions from anybody.

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dswilson
in reply to: Rhed

There's not supposed to be anything special about the process hence the lack of documentation. If you have successfully made your join, selected the new feature class (but not the new geometry) when building your layer you should see the additional properties appear in the property list. If this is complete then when theming the additional properties should appear. There have been some issues with odd datatypes (datetime for example) that have caused some grief.

I have attached some screen shots.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report