Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

billy_mac
Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)

FDO provider for ODBC

125 Views, 3 Replies
08-23-2006 07:01 AM
Hi,

I am having issues displaying Point (x,y) data from a SQL Server table on a layer.

I have tried the Autodesk FDO Provider for SQL Server but hadn’t been able to get a geometry to appear when I created the layer.

After that I had tried the OSGeo FDO provider for ODBC and connected to a SQL Server ODBC connection. This had given me the option to select my x & y values and the layer could successfully be created. The problem with this is that it is very slow (almost 1 min before the map will load now as opposed to the 10 seconds it used to take before the new layer was added).

Does anyone know why the ODBC connection is so slow, or of how I could use the Autodesk FDO provider for SQL Server instead (I would assume that I should be using this provider instead of the ODBC anyways)?

Thanks

Billy
JamesLockyer
Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)

Re: FDO provider for ODBC

08-31-2006 05:17 AM in reply to: billy_mac
Hi

At least you got it to the stage where it would give you a map. I usually end up shutting Mapguide Studio off in task manager after 10 minutes of nothing.

As for the FDO provider - I've not got there yet but have managed to get somewhere with it see the following thread -

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=489744

Let us know if you get further.

James
JamesLockyer
Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)

09-08-2006 06:09 AM in reply to: billy_mac
Sorted

See following thread for solution/current progress -
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5322328㙘

James
dngreene
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)

12-27-2006 01:02 PM in reply to: billy_mac
Your slow connection issue with odbc sources is _SIGNIFICANTLY_ reduced once you install service pack 1.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.