Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO provider for ODBC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
billy_mac
335 Views, 3 Replies

FDO provider for ODBC

Hi,

I am having issues displaying Point (x,y) data from a SQL Server table on a layer.

I have tried the Autodesk FDO Provider for SQL Server but hadn’t been able to get a geometry to appear when I created the layer.

After that I had tried the OSGeo FDO provider for ODBC and connected to a SQL Server ODBC connection. This had given me the option to select my x & y values and the layer could successfully be created. The problem with this is that it is very slow (almost 1 min before the map will load now as opposed to the 10 seconds it used to take before the new layer was added).

Does anyone know why the ODBC connection is so slow, or of how I could use the Autodesk FDO provider for SQL Server instead (I would assume that I should be using this provider instead of the ODBC anyways)?

Thanks

Billy
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JamesLockyer
in reply to: billy_mac

Hi

At least you got it to the stage where it would give you a map. I usually end up shutting Mapguide Studio off in task manager after 10 minutes of nothing.

As for the FDO provider - I've not got there yet but have managed to get somewhere with it see the following thread -

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=489744

Let us know if you get further.

James
Message 3 of 4
JamesLockyer

Sorted

See following thread for solution/current progress -
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5322328㙘

James
Message 4 of 4
dngreene

Your slow connection issue with odbc sources is _SIGNIFICANTLY_ reduced once you install service pack 1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report