Infrastructure Map Server Developer

Infrastructure Map Server Developer

Active Contributor
torentrue
Message 1 of 4 (1,481 Views)

External component has thrown an exception

1481 Views, 3 Replies
09-04-2012 07:25 AM
I am new to MapGuide and Autodesk Infrastructure Studio. I have setup OSGeo MapGuide on a server and it appears to work properly as I can view the samples and access the administration portal. I have accessed the site from Infrastructure studio and can modify layers, etc, but when I try to create a new data connection, I get an error saying "External component has thrown an exception". This happens on the Sheboygen sample as well as a new folder I have created. I have tried an OBDC connection and SDF and as soon as I select the feature provider and click OK, the above error shows up. I have attached the error details.Any help is appreciated.
Active Contributor
torentrue
Message 2 of 4 (1,475 Views)

Re: External component has thrown an exception

09-04-2012 03:29 PM in reply to: torentrue

I have loaded Autodesk Ifrastructure Studio on the server that has OS MapGuide running and am, at least able to get the dialog to open, but now get an error that I have posted on the MapGuide forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide/Cannot-Load-SDF-file/m-p/3607098. Could the original problem be due to me connecting to the server by way of a VPN?

Thanks

Board Manager
Daniel.Du
Message 3 of 4 (1,456 Views)

09-09-2012 08:44 PM in reply to: torentrue

It seems that this is not API related question, I would suggest you to ask in Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise board, where you may get more answers.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide-Enterprise/bd-p/233

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Active Contributor
torentrue
Message 4 of 4 (1,439 Views)

09-13-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: Daniel.Du

I am afraid I need to apologize. This turned into a "DUH" moment after I installed AIMS on a workstation tha meets the system requirements that was in the same domain as the OSGeo server.

Thanks you for replying, though.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.