Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Feature Join (SDF/Oracle)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dhequet
474 Views, 6 Replies

Error on Feature Join (SDF/Oracle)

Hi,
I'm trying to do a basic extended class by joining an Oracle Database to a SDF source (SDF primary, Oracle Secondary).
When i try to apply a Filter or a theme on this featureclass i had this error : (taked from mapguide error.log)

<2006-12-11T17:23:02> Administrator
Error: Une exception s'est produite dans un composant FDO.
no string resource for id <1019>
StackTrace:
- MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation ligne 83 fichier c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
- MgOpSelectFeaturesSpatial.Execute ligne 115 fichier c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpSelectFeaturesSpatial.cpp
- MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures ligne 217 fichier c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
- MgServerSelectFeatures.JoinFeatures ligne 1008 fichier c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp Une exception s'est produite dans un composant FDO.
no string resource for id <1019>

About my mapguide installation : French Mapguide Enterprise Server on French Window 2003 server with Oracle 10G using American_america NLS.

I have no Idea how to make it work.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dswilson
in reply to: dhequet

I don't believe it's possible to filter on the secondary columns because of a design issue related to a Left Outer Join on the primary feature source. There is an enhancement request to fix this in the future. It should be possible to theme however on the secondary columns. Are you trying to theme on a string or a numeric column? I tested both against Oracle on an English OS with English MapGuide and there was no problem. Can you label the SDF layer using the Oracle columns?

Dave
Message 3 of 7
dhequet

Thanks,
This error happen on Filter, theme, tooltips, or doing nothing (if i use this class to make a layer, it will never appear on the preview screen and the log fill up with this error).
I Tried to use basic table, filtering String Or Numeric is the same.
And no, unfortunately i can't label the SDF because data in the database (for tooltips) can be changed by the user.
My OS is French Windows 2003, Oracle use the AMERICAN_AMERICA NLS.
Message 4 of 7
dswilson

Are you using an Oracle Spatial connection for your Oracle feature source? For joins to attribute data you should use an ODBC connection instead. This should allow you to get the additional columns and at least theme on them. The filtering still will not work.

Dave
Message 5 of 7
dhequet

Yes i was using the Oracle FDO provider because I tried the ODBC provider a long time ago and i had a message that should be "this provider can't be used for a feature join" (sorry i try to translate the french message).
I tried e few minute ago too to show you my error message and it work. I don't understand why it work now. Perhaps i didn't test it since i installed the SP1 patch, but i'm sure i did that test.
Nevermind, it works, you're alright i can't use it as filter, but i can use it for thematic and tooltips.
Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
peter.kolbe

Dave,

have you got any idea when that enhancememt will be available?

Thanks and regards

Peter
Message 7 of 7
dswilson

This may potentially be addressed in the next release of MapGuide Enterprise. I can't say for sure as I don't know all the items we plan to address in the next release and how things are being prioritized.

Regards,
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report