Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Generalizing in Load Procedure

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
majidalmaskati
249 Views, 2 Replies

Error Generalizing in Load Procedure

Hi,

I am having trouble generalizing within Load Procedures using MapGuide Enterprise / Studio SP1. The original source data is in SHP format, if i select to convert to SDF with any generalization < 100% then i get the error "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object". Loading without SDF conversion and with SDF conversion but with 100% generalization (no generalization) works fine. I've also tried converting from SHP to SDF and then trying to load the SDF with generalization, and tried to package spatial data but in both cases i get the same error.

The data is world country border polygon data around 100MB in size. Screen shot of the error is attached.

Thanks,
Majid
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dswilson
in reply to: majidalmaskati

Good Day.

I have not had any luck reproducing this in house. Is it only happening with the one file? It may be something in the data such as a polygon that crosses itself and when the generalization happens it creates an invalid polygon.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 3

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. We are still in the process of integrating MGE into our in-house application, so i have not spent too much time on this issue since i posted. However i did manage to subsequently generalize the data if i used the MapGuide 6.5 SDF Loader utility to first convert the SHP to SDF, and then load & generalize in MapGuide studio.

You might be correct about the invalid polygon data, i will perform more testing with alternative data sets and let you know if i find anything.

Regards,
Majid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report