Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Layer "Selection" Issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
swimming123
490 Views, 0 Replies

Dynamic Layer "Selection" Issue

I use .NET to create a customized tool which accept a pair of coordinates (user input) and draw a point on the map, meanwhile zoom to that location and generate a report to describe the basic information of that location (for example, how far away this point to the closest town, direction degree, what's the elevation valution etc.).

I create this point from server side, make it visible, make it selectable:

MgLayerBase pointsLayer =layerCollection.GetItem("PointName");  // or getLayerByName(map, "PointName");              
                pointsLayer.SetDisplayInLegend(true);               
                pointsLayer.SetVisible(true);
                pointsLayer.SetSelectable(true);

It is selected when I  select it, however you cannot make a buffer around this point. The reason is the selected "point" layer is not recognized by Buffer tool utill I use Redline tool to draw something on the map, now this point layer (and  layer group) is showed in the lengend; utill I selected the redline feature first, now this "point" layer is showed in the (Buffer tool ) selected layer list and can be selected to make a buffer. Because I use different names for "PointName" (as layer name) and "pointLabel" (as legend label) for this point, I noticed it is showed as "PointName" at first; then it changes to "pointLabel" in selection panel after I made a Redline and select the Redline, then select my "point"  again. However this point layer always shows "PointName" in the legend. Any quick fix for me to make my dynamic "point" can be selected and be buffered? Which is the better option to do some modification:my customized function or Buffer tool which is already exsit in fusion widget? Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report