Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Application Directory

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
210 Views, 1 Reply

Defining Application Directory

Hi!

I did the process of Installing Sample Data and ViewerSample Application and it works fine. I also did it using my own map data set, configuring it in the same directory mentioned in the documentation (../www/). I am just wondering, would it be possible to place my application on different location not on the mapguide server webextensions directory?

My purpose is to shorten the URL defined for the clients browser..

I was quoted by this phrase in the devguide.pdf documentation; Essential concepts: that "Web applications reside on the Web Server." Does it mean that the application will always inside "www" folder under webextensions directory?

In Mapguide 6.5 it works, i placed my application directory on different drive, not in the mapguide installation drive. I just did my own URL defined on IIS virtual directory.

thank you..
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

Technically it's possible to use alternate directories, however if you are using .NET you will have to copy the bin directory from the mapviewernet directory to your alternate folder. For JAVA you may need to copy the WEB-INF\ directory to your folder.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report