Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

pichapo
Message 1 of 1 (593 Views)

Create a new layer from a Postgres / Postgis query

593 Views, 0 Replies
08-17-2010 01:11 AM

Hi,

I would like to have your help on the following point :

I am using Mapguide Enterprise 2011 (demo version). My data (point measures basically) reside in a Postgres Postgis database.

My goal is to develop a query interface whereby the user would enter parameters defining a sql query (For example I would like measures in the water looking at the Chrome concentration from period start to end). This will then give me a result table  that I would like to plot in the MapGuide mapframe (from the Postgis Geom field).

How can I plot such a layer in Mapguide ?

I have been trying to look at the 'change_layer_via_dom' example but it seems that I can only edit filters, not really create new points. Then I looked at the 'create_new_point_layer_definition' example but I am not sure it is the right track.

I ve been avoiding the fusion widget development because I am not really javascript competent but any option on that side is also welcome ! Am easy !

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks ! Lot's !

pc

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.