Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Contributor
mistermike
Message 1 of 4 (177 Views)

Connection Problem

177 Views, 3 Replies
11-02-2007 11:35 AM
I'm working in MGE studio, building my maps, previewing in FF and IE, and everything was working fine.

I made a data connection to a .tiff, made it a layer, and added it to the map. That is when I lost all connection to the MG site.

When I look at it through a browser I get:

"Cannot establish connection.
Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method MgServerConnection.Open at line 98 in file
c:\build_bond_area\bond_nightly\build_41.3\ent\os\common\mapguidecommon\Services/ServerConnection.cpp"

when I try to open the site in Studio I get:

"Unable to connect to mapguide server. Please ensure that the sever process is running and firewall rules have been set correctly"

LMTOOLS status inquiry says the license server is up and running. I've stopped/started and reread the license file, and I still can't connect.

Any ideas?
Contributor
mistermike
Message 2 of 4 (177 Views)

Re: Connection Problem

11-02-2007 11:45 AM in reply to: mistermike
Also, I can't log onto the MapGuide Site Administrator page.
Contributor
mistermike
Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

11-02-2007 02:19 PM in reply to: mistermike
Ha! Just had to restart the server in windows admin tools services.
*Jason Birch
Message 4 of 4 (177 Views)

11-02-2007 06:01 PM in reply to: mistermike
mistermike wrote:
> Ha! Just had to restart the server in windows admin tools services.

Gotta love those self-solving problems :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community