Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mpenn
282 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot Connect

I installed MGE as instructed in the .PDF that was on the CD and I upgraded my repositories and ran the setupindices batch files and they indicated success but whenever I try to connect through a browser, I get the following error:

Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method MgServerConnection.Open at line 98 in file c:\build_bond_area\bond_nightly\build_41.3\ent\os\common\mapguidecommon\Services/ServerConnection.cpp

What does that mean?

Thanks,
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dswilson
in reply to: mpenn

That kind of error usually suggests the server service isn't running. You can also try running the mgserver2009.exe from the command line and add a /run parameter to see if there are any startup error messages.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 4
mpenn

The service appears to be running. The Services window under Computer Management shows that is running. Do you think that this could be because it is an upgrade? The map had been served up by MGE2008. What would I need to do to switch that to MGE2009? I thought that the whole process with the repositories would have done it.

Also, whenever I try to use MapGuide Studio to connect to the map server I get an "Invalid License" error. I used the defaults except in one place. When the installation asked for the machineIP I entered the IP address of the server instead of the lcalhost IP of 127.0.0.1 so that may have something to do with it. I did type in the serial numberr when prompted. Do I need to activate it like all of the other Autodesk software?

Thanks,
Mike
Message 4 of 4
dswilson

The upgrade of the repositories was all that was needed as far as the data is concerned. So you have what appears to be a running instance of MGE 2009? In providing a serial number you also need to direct it to a license server which I assume you did with MGE 2008. The process to configure this should be the same as in 2008. Setting the IP address during the Server and Webserver Extensions install is generally needed only if the Web Server Extensions are installed on another box. If they are installed together then you can leave the IP address at the 127.0.0.1. However there is an IP address for the license server if I am not mistaken. It would seem to me either the serial number hasn't been validated by the license server or it can't see the license server. I assume you have the new version of Studio to connect to it as well?

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report