Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Author 6.3 Crashing on Save

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CLydstone
219 Views, 2 Replies

Author 6.3 Crashing on Save

After upgrading to version 6.3 (from 6.0), I have been having an intermittent problem with MG Author. When I try to save a MWX after making some changes I frequently get an error message saying that access to the file was denied. After the message is displayed Author goes into a busy state and hangs, I then have to end Author manually. Has this happened to anyone else, is there something I can do to prevent this? Thanks.

Corey
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CLydstone

Corey, Is the .MWX being edited on the same machine as the Author? If not, it may be that access to the location from which the Author opened the file has been lost. Attempting to save back to the 'non-existent' location causes the Author to hang. This also happens with .MWF files. -- Chris L. Amos Quality Engineering Autodesk MapGuide "CLydstone" wrote in message news:19154949.1080849525274.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > After upgrading to version 6.3 (from 6.0), I have been having an intermittent problem with MG Author. When I try to save a MWX after making some changes I frequently get an error message saying that access to the file was denied. After the message is displayed Author goes into a busy state and hangs, I then have to end Author manually. Has this happened to anyone else, is there something I can do to prevent this? Thanks. > > Corey
Message 3 of 3
CLydstone
in reply to: CLydstone

The .MWX's are on a web server that I am accessing through a mapped drive. We have been running the same setup for a few years with previous versions (5 & 6) without any problems? The connection to the server is still active when the problems occur? Any suggestions are welcome, thanks for you help.

Corey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report