Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Lots of Maps/Layers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
273 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Lots of Maps/Layers

I've been assigned the job of replicating our mapping system from Map 3d to Mapguide, and was hoping that someone might have a few resources to help me out for getting started.

Some specifics about our system:
- We are an electric utility, so our dwg's contain a lot of blocks, tons of lines with object data attached, and are updated almost daily.
- All our layers have a linetype and color attached to them, and all our blocks have custom attributes.
- Our system is broken into around 220 separate dwg's that each contain around 100 layers.
- I'd like the MapGuide site to regularly update from the changes we make to the original dwg's

So, it's a lot of data. If anyone has information or resources about working with this much data in MapGuide, I'd really appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi bsoule !

Did you ever get an solution on your problem ? I think DWG support is not very easy in MGE - it was easier in MG 6.5 😉

Greetings
Thomas
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We are going to try pulling our data into tables and using them instead of the dwg's directly. I'm still pretty new (obviously) to MapGuide, so I'm learning as I go. It's just a lot of data to slog through!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report