Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS2013 Scale issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
swimming123
976 Views, 3 Replies

AIMS2013 Scale issue

I found that scale values show in the map always not in integer, and even worse, when I try to type in 50000, it automatically change to some wierd value like 41246.2638. I didn't use cache and BaseLayerGroup in my map. How to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: swimming123

If you are using Spherical Mercator and Google, Bing, etc, you are stuck with the industry scales.

Message 3 of 4
swimming123
in reply to: gluckett

Actually I have my own arthophoto image plus my several hundred of vector layers, So I don't use google map or Bing map.

My current solution for scale is applying a factor to my pdf map. For example actally map scale is 251234.1234, then I apply the factor of 251234.1234/250000 when I create a pdf,so I can write 1:250000 on the pdf, pdf size is specially for Letter, Legal and Ledger 3 choices. If I can draw a scale bar on the pdf then I don't need care about the scale value and paper size.

Message 4 of 4
jackie.ng
in reply to: swimming123

Extending Gordon's answer: If your map has tiled layers, your scales will always snap to the nearest finite scale in your Map Definition. That's probably what that strange looking number is. It's probably one of those finite scales.

- Jackie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report