Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS 2014 Symbol definitions PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
carlos.uribe
775 Views, 3 Replies

AIMS 2014 Symbol definitions PNG

Hi all,

Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server enable to create symbols from blocks or use it from the galery (like square, circle, triangle, star, cross and X). In addition, it can load images from other formats.

When I use these images like Symbols Definitions with Transparency background in a format PNG (Portable Network Graphics) it doesn't display with transparency on the map, it has an black or white background.
The question is that, what can I do to make those images keep the transparency background?

I tried to change the XML from the Symbols.Definition but for me is a little complicated.

When I look at the file from a Text symbol Definition it allows to mantain a Transparency or keep it Opaque background, but don't give me that options in the Images.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Carlos

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: carlos.uribe

It would be nice if someone could shed some light on this issue.

Jair

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a found a workaround to solve this issue. I'll post it so it might help other users.

1- Delete completely the layer showing the symbol problem;

2- In AIMS Studio go to Tools/Options and Layer Editor Tab;

3- Set Layer Editor to Standard;

4- Recreate the layer.

You might want to create all the layers that do not have the problem with Enhanced setting first and the create the layers with the problem with the Basics setting.

Jair

Message 4 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, when using Infrastrucuture Studio, you might find you have more luck if you stick with the Standard method of layer creation.

AIMS2016-standard-layer.png

For example, I am using this image:

http://nibbler.silktide.com/templatefiles/twitter-bird.png

When I used Enhanced Mode my layer looks like this:

AIMS2016-preview-enhanced-png.png

And when I use Standard mode to create the layer, I get the following.

AIMS2016-preview-standard-png.png

Note:  If you already created the layer using Enhanced mode, you can't switch it.  You will have to set your global settings to Standard and re-create the layer.

If you use this technique your images will keep their transparency.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report