Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS 2013 FDO Provider for DWG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
gluckett
1634 Views, 12 Replies

AIMS 2013 FDO Provider for DWG

With AIMS 2013 you can stream live dwg with the new FDO Provider for DWG. this includes object data.

anyone planning on using this awesome new feature?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
gpgis
in reply to: gluckett

Would love to if it worked.  Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 13
gluckett

Actually, does anyone have this working?

I think I did on a 32bit version of AIMS 2013...

but not in AIMS 2013 64 or AIMS 2014 64bit

I am curious if DWGs are working for anyone?

Message 4 of 13
gluckett

UGLY BUG!  

If your DWG has "OBJECT DATA"  you cannot load it into AIMS 2013 or AIMS 2014

Yuck!

Message 5 of 13
frosty1_4me

What!???  Really??!!!  Ok, that is just plain ridiculous. 

Message 6 of 13
gluckett
in reply to: frosty1_4me

Let's hope there is a Service Pack soon eh?

Message 7 of 13
kalman_albert

Yes, dwg work for AIMS 2014 on 64 bit, but I'm very disappointed, It not maintained the layer styling and all your line is black and the provider makes as any feature class as you object type have (line polyline, circle etc). Is not possible to select only "AutoCAD layer" because this has no "geometry" , I think Autodesk do something but not finished yet.
--------------------------------------------
"Nothing will ever be as it was!"
Message 8 of 13
frosty1_4me
in reply to: kalman_albert

I have found the same thing.  There is no point in using the DWG FDO connection or Load DWG Data option as it' doesn't retain any of the styles.  You would be better off to create an SDF with anything from the dwg that is generated using those tools.  

The point of the DWG extension in the past was to give the ability to load DWG's so they looked the same as what was in the native dwg file without having to manipulate the output.  In AIMS that isn't the case and the DWG load is pointless. 

Message 9 of 13
jackie.ng

The "Load DWG data" option is supposed to retain AutoCAD layer styles, and from the DWG files I have loaded using this new feature, that is indeed the case.

- Jackie

Message 10 of 13
gluckett

When you LOAD a DWG you get the Acad styles as attributes (as well as Object Data and Block Attributes)

LOAD_AIMS.png

When you directly connect to the DWG with ALIASes, you only get (Acad) from above.

Either way, the properties are harvested to recreate the way the drawing looks.  

It is not like the DWF that statically shows the graphics.

The old MapGuide 6.5 gave you the option between harvesting the DWG as vectors or rendering the DWG "as is" without any intelligence.  AIMS does not have this.

Message 11 of 13
frosty1_4me

I should have been more clear in my post.  My apologies Jackie.

What gluckett has demonstrated is exactly right, but I'm after also what is not available which is to have the DWG presented "as-is" since text, dimensions, and leaders are a constant battle.

Message 12 of 13
tecatito155

Hi, 

What if instead of Object Data I want to use Template Link data? I tried as you suggested and seems like it only works for Object Data since when trying to load the DWG it doesn't show any information to publish from the Template Links in the DWG.

Is it possible to use data from Template Links instead of Object Data?

Message 13 of 13
gluckett
in reply to: tecatito155

No, I would recommend exporting the layer connected to the Link Template as an SDF file and moving that to AIMS...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report