Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash on start up - corrupt file

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
karl1112
2887 Views, 10 Replies

crash on start up - corrupt file

We are evaluating InfraWorks 2014 and tried to do a mock proposal set in it.  I drew in a road that caused the program to crash - but now every time i try to open the file after restarting Infraworks - I get the same crash.  I guess the change that corrupted the DB got "saved" and now it will always crash.  

I've of course restarted the computer and repaired infraworks etc...etc... 

Is the anyway to fix this file? or go back to a backup? 

If a single mistake makes a project file unusable and required starting from scratch, what is the use of this software? just as a GIS viewer ?

any help would be appreciated as the "trial" will expire in a couple of weeks and at this time it looks like this is still very much a beta software

Thanks for any ideas

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jutters
in reply to: karl1112

Hi Karl,

you can try to reset your db version controller (git) removing it's uncommitted modification history (with a chance to remove your "toxic" change) by doing the following (but save/backup your <model>.files folder first for backup - which might sound cynical in your case as can't use it anyways). Then, within the <model>.files folder try the following:

- delete the .git folder

- run the following commands:

git.exe init .

git.exe add -all

git.exe commit -m foo

(you can find git.exe under your AIW2014 product installs binary dir under /Git/bin)

Hope this helps,

Sascha

Message 3 of 11

This solved my problem with being unable to create new proposals after the program had crashed several times. Hopefully I don't have to go through that process often.

Message 4 of 11

Thanks for reporting this back.
Message 5 of 11
djolegaf
in reply to: jutters

Hi,I have similar problem. My model crashed in Infraworks 360, but I been able to open it. Now I installed newest version of program, just to try it, and I am not able any more to open model. It says that some files are corrupted. I know that it is post from last year, but I hope that you or somebody else could help me with solving my problem.

Message 6 of 11

Did you try the above mentioned solution? Thats the best that I can offer, as that solved corruption. 

Message 7 of 11

Yes, after couple of tries I finally managed to repair my model about an hour ago. Thank you, sir, you have saved a lot of my timeSmiley Happy.

Best regards

Message 8 of 11
frosty1_4me

I'm having the same extremely frustrating problem.  The <model> .files you keep refering to, which files / directory do I need to backup?  I'm runnning the AIW 2014 version.  The only location I found with what I think is the correct location is where my project resides, however there is not git folder in that project.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 11

It is technically a hidden folder, so you may need to make your explorer view set to allow seeing hidden folders.

Message 10 of 11

Hi guys,

One of our users is experiencing the same problem, I just don't see the following to run them:

git.exe add -all

git.exe commit -m foo

I did find the git.exe in this directory: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014\Git\bin\git.

And I just want to make sure we are doing it right, we delete the Git folder in the model's .files directory. The I go to the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014\Git\bin folder and double-click to run the git.exe and those other two I can't seem to find?

I will appreciate some help a lot

Message 11 of 11
deividsteffens

this fixed for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report