Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infraworks 360 viewer - tooltips?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
k.lew
2143 Views, 16 Replies

infraworks 360 viewer - tooltips?

I'm posting my scenarios to AIM 360 for clients with the infraworks desktop app to view our model.  We've got tooltips on our buildings so that you can hover over the building and it will display the building info.  I can't get these to show up on the 360 viewer - has anybody gotten tooltips to work on 360?? thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Nora.Li
in reply to: k.lew

hi, hover-over tooltip is not supported in 360 viewer. alternatively, you may sketch a Point of Interest on top of the building, then define the Tooltip for the POI object and set the proximity distance for the tooltip. after you sync the update, then open the scenario in 360 viewer, POI tooltip is displayed if you zoom in to the proper level. Hope it is helpful. -Nora
Nora.Li
Message 3 of 17
drazen-ars

Trying to manage tooltips also. But for pipe network. Would like to show in tooltip pipe diameter. Right now I achieved partially, to show tooltip WHEN TERRAIN IS NOT SHOWN.

Don't know why is the reason. I managed that terrain is transparent (opacity factor), so I see the pipes, but tooltip does not appear. As I said, when terrain is disconnected, it appears.

Message 4 of 17
k.lew

thanks for the clarification, Nora!

the POI tooltips do work...wonder if there's a way to do invisible POI...

Message 5 of 17
Nora.Li
in reply to: drazen-ars

Hi, When the terrain is shown, you are not able to hover over the pipeline to show the tooltip until you navigate from underground to hover your mouse over the pipeline. You may take POI tooltip as an alternative option: define POI for each pipeline, then set the proximity distance, then the POI tooltip shows up when you zoom close enough. Hope that is helpful.
Nora.Li
Message 6 of 17
Nora.Li

to make the POI tooltip invisible, there is no straight-forward option, but you may set the Scale X,Y, Z to 0,0,0 in the POI property, then the tooltip is invisible. Hope it is helpful.
Nora.Li
Message 7 of 17
k.lew

Well I suppose it would've been too much to ask for this to be an easy process.

It seems scale 0,0,0 didn't change anything, but setting the scale to 0.0001 did make it invisible.  However, it seems once a tooltip is actually invisible, it's gone forever.  I tried "select by window" and couldn't find it. I guess an invisible tooltip would also cause problems if I ever wanted to change what the tooltip said.

I was able to reduce the scale to 0.1, 0.1, 0.1 and it's fairly tiny, invisible at the majority of angles.  It seems the proximity distance is also scaled (so if you want a 100 foot promixity, you need to type in 1000 feet). 

I'm going to play with inputting a custom POI that's maybe flat or transparent.

Thanks for all the help Nora!

Message 8 of 17
k.lew

don't suppose there's any way to automate a POI tooltip to copy all the automated text from the building it's on top of??

Message 9 of 17
Nora.Li

I have to say no. There maybe some workaround to achieve this. On top of my head, I am thinking to create a copy of the model.sqlite, then import the the sqlite datasource into current model, and set the building feature class as POI, then set the elevation offset as building roof height. but did not get to time to try on it.
Nora.Li
Message 10 of 17
k.lew
in reply to: Nora.Li

basically worked just like you said. my buildings are a shape file, and I imported the shape file again and set the type as POI.  Set the elevation to building height and then ended up making the elevation offset -1 so that each POI is actually buried just beneath the roof of my building.  All my building information still came in with the shape file, so it was easy to recreate the tooltips I had in the building layer! Tooltips in 360 now work like a charm Smiley Happy

I can't thank you enough for all your help, Nora!

Message 11 of 17
Nora.Li

Glad to know it works! Cheers.
Nora.Li
Message 12 of 17
infra_arch

Could you knidly let me know can we activate tool tips in infraworks web viewer scenario file?

on desktop it works fine ... but on web viewer on scenario file tooltip is not activated. Seems like you have solved the problem ...

Would you kindly let me know 

Message 13 of 17
Nora.Li
in reply to: infra_arch

hi,you may sketch a Point of Interest on top of the building, then define the Tooltip for the POI object and set the proximity distance for the tooltip. after you sync the update, then open the scenario in 360 viewer, POI tooltip is displayed if you zoom in to the proper level. Hope it is helpful.
Nora.Li
Message 14 of 17
infra_arch
in reply to: Nora.Li

thank you Nora for the response.

Problem is that I have to create the POI for the road sections and data are coming from data base ....

How do i deal with it ? 

Message 15 of 17
infra_arch

How to make road as point of interest

Message 16 of 17
infra_arch

is infraworks360 web viewer is only for vewing scenarios ? Is there any option to edit infrawork model online  ? please reply quickly

Message 17 of 17
k.lew
in reply to: infra_arch

as far as I know, 360 is just a viewer. It's such an awful viewer as is (it really can't handle much in the ways of capacity or graphics) that I can't imagine being able to edit online. You can make comments, but I don't think you can edit the actual model.

As far as your tooltips coming from the database, see my earlier response. Import the same file with your roads again, but under "Data Source Config" > "Type," make it POI instead of roads. Then you can assign it a style (like a pushpin) and make the elevation offset a negative to hide the pushpin, but the POI tooltips will appear in 360. Hope the helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report