Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishlist item: Zoom and pan buttons

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tcorey
481 Views, 5 Replies

Wishlist item: Zoom and pan buttons

It would sure be nice if there was an option in InfraWorks that would make it emulate AutoCAD's button assignments.

Working with both programs I find it difficult to move back and forth between them and effectively use the mouse. I used it without thinking in AutoCAD for many years and now IW has me so messed up I can hardly pan the screen.

I would guess I am not the only AutoCAD user who would appreciate this.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tcorey

Hi,

I second that, also the assignment of 3D-Connexion devices seems strange (and ignore the settings in the driver itself).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Charlie.Ogden
in reply to: tcorey

There is a setting in the Application Options that may make it easier:  Options > Navigation > Invert Pan/Orbit mouse buttons.  At least then you pan with the left mouse button, similar to the Pan command in AutoCAD.  

There's no setting (that I know of) to use the middle mouse button to pan... but I tend to not spin around accidentally with this option set.

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> At least then you pan with the left mouse button, similar to the Pan command in AutoCAD

Excuse me sir, in AutoCAD we do the PAN with holding the middle mouse button (wheel). (whereas <SHIFT> <middle mouse button> does the orbit in AutoCAD).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I think Charlie is referring to the actual Pan command, but hardly anyone uses that anymore, at least not those who own a mouse with a wheel.

Anyway, it's a wishlist item, Charlie, if you can pass it on...

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 6

unless you care about osnaps in which case mbuttonpan = 1 causes lousy osnap habits. Running osnaps are a killer and inaccurate when more than one modes set, and inaccurate even with a mode set as they allow a pick even if you miss an endpoint.

setting mbuttonpan to 0, then using middle click to open osnap menu, then type mnemonic (never pick it...) is way more exact and stps the incessant F3 key being pressed to toggle osnap on/off.

If you want both, set F11 to osnap menu and mbutton pan to 1, then mouse settings to assign keystroke F11 to middle button, you simulate mbuttonpan to 1.

What I am saying here is that we would like the ability to assign any button the press and drag pan action, not just the middle button.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report