Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video fail: Internal error

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
philip_hon
1462 Views, 11 Replies

Video fail: Internal error

Production of videos leaded occasionally to errors.

1.The video export failed.

Details: Internal error

2. The video export failed.

Details:

Internal error: timeout while sending video frame to encoder. Is the disk full?

See the pics.

This seems to happen randomly. Sometimes its solved by closing some programs and restart AIM.

Today I just start the PC and run AIM for the videoproduction but still got the error.

And no I am not running out of memory. I also cleaned up all temporary files in case there is any saved by AIM.

I have about 10 proposals in the model. The quality of video I try to export is wmv, 1920x1024, 30fps, 8000kbit/s.

If I instead use 1024x768 it mostly works.

Would be glad for any tips and help.  

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

This seems to be an issue with the WMV video encoder codec. Can you try another output format or use an "uncompressed" format and encode it to your desired format with an additional tool? E.g., XMediaEncoder is very handy for such reencoding tasks...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 12
philip_hon
in reply to: philip_hon

Forgot to mention that i tried every format (uncompressed, DVD.....) when the video failed. And it stops at 0%. Sometime after 99% but mostly at the beginning.

I am testing deleting some scenes, proposals and so on. It seems to make the model faster and less errors while making video.

Message 4 of 12

Maybe your scene is very complex and needs a long time to render a single HD frame? This might trigger an internal time-out which exists to ensure detection of infinite loops in the video compressor (which is outside of our control). So maybe we need to set this time-out to a larger number...

What kind of system are you using? CPU, GPU, memory?

Did you also enable "anti aliasing" and/or "ambient occlusion" during the video export? If so, try to reduce the values there or disable them completely...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 5 of 12

Is this issue solved for you now?

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 6 of 12
philip_hon

Since I halved the propasals from 18 to 9, the error message seems to be gone.

And yes, I enabled all the enhancements (antialiasing,8x ambient, sun animation) to achieve the best quality of video for the project. There is not a choice to lower the quality. Unfortunately, if so is the case the project will rather be done in another software.

If the internal time-out limit exist, I surely reach it seems I making high quality video with details. But the length is around 2min. It doesnt seems not long for me but still it takes around 15-20min for making one video. Is this normal? 

For interest, the computer system is:

i7 2GHz

Quadro 2000m

Ram 16GB

Win7 64 bit

Thanks for followig up my case Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12

Since you mentioned proposals: could you try to press the "F6" key after switching proposals and before recording the animation. Background info: after you switched a proposal some model regeneration takes place; if that regen is not finished when you start recording the recording takes longer then usually expected, since it needs to wait for the model regen first, and then you might be running into the mentioned time-outs. For the next release we will increase those time-out values and also ensure that the model regen is up-to-date before starting the actual recording session.

And surely, you should not need to reduce the quality settings to produce the output animation. I only asked about those settings in order to track down the issues you have with the recording...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 8 of 12
BrianHailey

I'm receiving the exact same messages when trying to export a video. The only things in my model is a DEM, a GeoTIF, and three 3D models of sports complexes in the Denver area. I've turned off shadows, ambiant occlusion is off, antialiasing is off, 25 frames/sec, uncompressed, etc. 

If you would like, I can share my model with you so you can test it out yourself.

Export Settings: http://screencast.com/t/qRpLnZvGb

p.s. Pressing F5 and/or F6 didn't help in my case.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 12

We identified the issue in the meantime and will provide a fix for this in the next product release.

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience!

And as a workaround until that: try pressing the "F6" key right before you open the dialog for starting recording of the animation.

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 10 of 12

Don't know what I did differently but it seems to be working now.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 11 of 12
philip_hon

I couldn't find out any absolute solution neither since it happened occansionally.

I also experienced that one proposal has been bounded to this error while the other proposals in the same SQlite works perfectly to export an video. So I just skipped to use the proposal feature as it even took longer time than open another SQlite and I have to import the customized road styles from one proposal to another.

Message 12 of 12
mokhzal

Did anyone have any absolute solution to this issue?I have try all the workaround like pressing F6 before opening showmotion tab and also try to use other settings for  the encoder but it didnt work.

Can somebody help me on this please???Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report