Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interface R4

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BrianHailey
414 Views, 4 Replies

User Interface R4

Is my eyesight just getting really bad or does this really suck? I'm hoping someone will show me a way to change the user interface to something where I don't have to adjust the view of my model just to be able to view the tools.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian, I agree. The new interface is more difficult to see and to navigate. Swing and a miss, Infraworks team.

I would have thought the ribbon-based interface would be preferable just for the sake of continuity between Autodesk programs. Civil 3D has the ribbon, Navisworks has the ribbon, 3DS Max Design has a partial ribbon...

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: tcorey

I think the reasoning behind it is to have the same type interface on your PC as your tablet. 

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: tcorey

The concept of the UI, the layout of the tools, etc. I don't mind. It'll take a bit to get used to them just like it took time to get used to the ribbon. The jury is still out on this one. However, not being able to read the tools because they blend into the background is really annoying. Not to mention that, in general, I despise things floating over my drawing/model area. 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
eric.fain
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thank you gentlemen for the feedback on the tools. Rest assured we are planning fixes to the tools regarding visibilty and other improvements. I would love to speak to you directly if possible about next steps in the tools, customization, organization, etc. Please send me a note at eric.fain@autodesk.com and I will set up some time when I am back in the office in two weeks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report