Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off visibility of the sketched roads

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
757 Views, 3 Replies

Turn off visibility of the sketched roads

Hi,

I built the city model with roads form SHP files and sketched some new using the InfraWorks tools. The problem is that I can't turn off the visibility of roads that I've sketched.. any ideas why?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks to be a function that is left out.  I can turn off roads brought in with a .shp file, but the roads I drew will not turn off.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

whenever I draw something I do that within the concept of "Proposals". Switching back to "master" (or to an older proposal) will disable the visibility of the objects created in specific proposals. But yes, as you don't have the chance to make an object available in more than the current proposal it's a limited workaround (without copy&paste, but that's reduntant then).

2013-05-18 11-38-57.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
lippola
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hi there,

per default you can only turn on or off the roads (sketched or imported). If you need to have them separated you can create a new class in the schema of the type road and store the imported roads into them. Now you can turn off the visibilty (only visible ofter regeneration). Look at §http://atlandsend.typepad.com/ for the schema change.

The anticipated workflow would be to use the proposals as already pointed out by Alfred.

What would be the idea behind turning on and of the different roads? What is the issue you try to solve?

Would be interesting to hear.

Andreas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report