Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storyboard from Road with Offset Camera

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrianHailey
527 Views, 1 Reply

Storyboard from Road with Offset Camera

I created a storyboard from a design road and now, as the animation runs, I'm constantly running through the trees in the median of the road.

Is there a way to offset the camera from the centerline path? Also, is there a way to adjust the camera height?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jutters
in reply to: BrianHailey

Hi Brian,

for creating a camera path from a design road there is currently no explicit camera control.

When importing a camera path from one of the supported point data formats (e.g. SHP and SDF), you have more dedicated hands-on the keyframe and camera settings for each imported point (you can even define expressions to process the property values associated with each point).

So, one possible workaround might be to digitize/export your design road into one of the supported point data formats (I guess export and use as polyline should also work) and then use that exported file as source for the camera path import.

The same workaround should be usable to create camera paths along polylines and polygon boundaries for any feature that is part of your model.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Sascha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report