InfraWorks General

chid
Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

Road Alignment Stationing in Infraworks

363 Views, 2 Replies
10-31-2013 08:11 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to display the road alignment station labels in Infraworks?  I'm only able to see the stationing labels in profile view.  Also, when I exported the IMX file from Infraworks and imported it into Civil3D, all the Stations were off.  One alignment shows negative stations.  Would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: Road Alignment Stationing in Infraworks

11-07-2013 01:10 PM in reply to: chid

The only way I have found to do this is to turn the station labels into 3d models.

Export your model (be sure there's a corridor) to Civil View.

Open 3DS Max Design and import the vsp3d file you exported.

Open Civil View Explorer. Go to the Tools tab.

Run the Station Text Placement tool.

Select the resultant station labels and then export selected to 3Ds.

Import the 3ds files into Infraworks as 3d models. Voila, stationing!

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Contributor
savon
Message 3 of 3 (99 Views)

Re: Road Alignment Stationing in Infraworks

05-12-2014 10:25 AM in reply to: tcorey
A little late for a response but I am new to Infraworks and just not going through the forum. I have been making points along the alignment at desired length and brining them into Infraworks as a POI with a costume style. I do this method because I work with pipelines and not roads so I am not using corridors.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community