Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramps and Interchanges

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s.rhyne
1619 Views, 4 Replies

Ramps and Interchanges

I have been trying to create an interchange properly in AIM and I'm finding it may not understnad the difference between a ramp and intersection. I have a freeway with 4 lanes in each direction, a median with guard rail, and shoulders (large cross section). I'm trying to add a ramp but the only way I can get the ramp to connect to the freeway is by moving the endpoint to the center of the freeway. The result is an awkward looking transition and all my lane striping disappears much like an intersection. Also, when I taper from 4 to 3 lanes, the transition is abrupt. I'm hoping there is a setting or a work around for these 2 issues. Any ideas or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nzeeben
in reply to: s.rhyne

At the moment that is the level of granularity we have for lane changes and merge/exit scenarios.  Both are high on our priority list.  If you wanted to have a deeper discussion around your requirements please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Nick

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
s.rhyne
in reply to: nzeeben

If I were to create my interchange in AIM, could I bring that into Civil 3D, make the necessary design tweaks in Civil 3D, and then bring it back into AIM?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
piojdae
in reply to: nzeeben

Do have any temporary or quick work arounds?

Message 5 of 5
dsimenic
in reply to: s.rhyne

Nick;

I hope that roundabouts also on IW's priority list.

With correct ramps and rounabouts, Infraworks will be much more powerful for preliminary level road design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report