Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kafka82
851 Views, 5 Replies

Profile View

Hello,

I downloaded a demo of Infraworks Ultimate but I don't understand how to enable the profile view.

When I select a road and I open the profile view I cannot edit anything and view is blank.

see image below.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kafka82
in reply to: kafka82

I have a road profile in a cad format and I need to import it in Infraworks and use it as a design road to edit PVIs!

It seems I can use PVIs on design roads created within Infraworks only and not from external vector data.

The question is how can I then have a reference file I can draw upon in Infraworks???

Message 3 of 6
NICADMAN
in reply to: kafka82

Hi, I had the same issue, go to control panel and programs and features and select change on infraworks. Simply do a "Repair" and this worked. You may notice as well that the PVI editing and commands such as end draw on the road won't work either. This repair fixed all these for me.

thanks

David

NICADMAN

http://www.youtube.com/user/nicadman

Message 4 of 6
rubenwolbers
in reply to: NICADMAN

Hi, I have the same issue. I tried to rapair IW R2, but didn't fix anything. Does anyone know an other way to enable the Profile View?

Ruben 

Message 5 of 6
dargon_hs
in reply to: rubenwolbers

I have the same problem can someone help please ?!

My personal blog - AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D hidden Secrets and great tips in one place -

https://skillamplifier.com/

Amplify your skills to a new level!

Message 6 of 6
lippola
in reply to: dargon_hs

Profile view is only useable when selecting a design road. It will not work for simple spline roads which come from vecor files or the draw tool.

If you have a simple road then you might right click on them and turn it into a designroad, select it and use teh profile view.

Not sure if that is already doeable in the R4 release.

Andreas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report