Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Builder Preview Data

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
paulkirkendall
687 Views, 9 Replies

Model Builder Preview Data

When a model is created from the Model Builder preview the data is non accessable in the Data Sources.. Is this something that can be accessable through another means? I would like to add scripts to the buildings and roads so they look more realistic.. I do not think doing it by selection is productive.

Paul c. Kirkendall
Civil Application Engineer
MasterGraphics Inc.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
in reply to: paulkirkendall

Hi,

No, Model Builder doesn't give access to the data directly. Is this concerinig styles or something else, like geometry, can you tell what kind of modifications in the script you are planning?

Thanks,

Val.

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 10
paulkirkendall
in reply to: 41029

Hello,

I Would like to be able to run styles scripts for building hieghts, roofing, fascades, roadway styles, etc. I would also like to not have the road drape on the surface in certain instances.

Paul c. K

Paul c. Kirkendall
MasterGraphics Inc.
Message 4 of 10

Hi Paul,

No, unfortunately this is not possible in the Model Builder. We are considering this for future versions (although I cannot promise dates).

The only way to do a bulk update is to write a Java Script and to apply it on selected objects. I understand it is not convenient and it may be slower, but this is the only suggestion I have at the moment.

Thanks,

Val.

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 5 of 10
paulkirkendall

Thanks Val, do you work for autodesk?

Was hoping for a different answer but ill take that it is being looked into.

Paul c. Kirkendall
MasterGraphics Inc.
Message 6 of 10

Yes, I do work for Autodesk.

I understand the need for the service that allows pre-processing data and I am sorry to report that this service is not available (at least - yet.)

Good news is that it is becoming a popular demand, so hopefully it will be available faster. Would you be willing to have an interview by our product designer, maybe there are other shortcomings to flash out? 

Message 7 of 10
paulkirkendall

Yes I would for sure do an interview!!

Paul c. Kirkendall
MasterGraphics Inc.
Message 8 of 10

Thank you very much!

Probably the easiest would be to follow this link, sign off to our AutodeskFeedback Project and you will be contacted by our product designer.

Message 9 of 10

You can go download the data for yourself. That's what I've done. The model builder gets a lot of data from openstreetmap.org and you can download the data from HERE. You can then connect to it and stylize it however you want.

In one example, all the parking lots aisles where coming in as roads for an area I was working in. I downloaded the dataset, added it to Map 3D, deleted the offending parts, saved the modified .shp file, and then connected it back to InfraWorks.

For DEM data, you can go to nationalmap.gov for the U.S. or search for Aster GDEM for worldwide DEM data.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 10

Brian, I have used data from those sights also the bad part is were i live in wisconsin the data from most free sights is very poor. Most if not all the data here is for a price. Thanks for the reply though.

Paul c. Kirkendall
MasterGraphics Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report