Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major intersection import from C3D? AIM 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Bill.Neuhauser
688 Views, 2 Replies

Major intersection import from C3D? AIM 2013

What is the best way of importing a major intersection from C3D into AIM?  Right Turn lanes, accretion lanes, C3D intersection tool.

What we have tried so far:

1.) LandXML export/Import from both 2012 and 2013

2.) DWG import from both 2012 and 2013   (Nothing happens here in fact usually says no valid data source)

3.) IMX Import from 2013

Methods 1 and 3 give really weird results with small 2 lane roads running down each alignment within the intersection. And when I say weird that is an understatement.

Also at times when creating roads within AIM the aerial photos will go poof and disappear! Must then do a reload of all images.  They are .sid files.

Bill Neuhauser

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
s.gerber
in reply to: Bill.Neuhauser

For IMX, the intersection as a distinct feature is not supported. Does your drawing contain a corridor based on the intersection?

If you export a road to AIM via IMX, you'll get the best visual appearance if you create a corridor with a top surface. On import in AIM you have the option to use the corridor regions (should be enabled by default). This may give you better results.

Seppl

Sebastian Gerber
Software Architect
Message 3 of 3
FSWookie
in reply to: Bill.Neuhauser

Bill, what your seeing is the default setting of your Road, simply edit your road style before you import the data.

AIM will not take the exact width of the road being imported that I have seen in the 2012 product anyway.

Importing DWG that did not work might be because it contains blocks, your blocks cannot be imported and this is as designed.

By default all of the roads seem to be at 2 lanes, you can edit the lanes in the properties by changing the forward and back lane amount to the desired number of lanes.

You might also want to take a look at the slope setting of the road you select, I will push mine to 25 or higher to get the desired results.

I hope that helps.

Oh, one more tip, if you see the red construction lines shooting down, you will want to clean that up with the gizmos, these can cause your image to disappear.

Robert Rien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report