Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Road Features

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Civil3DReminders
337 Views, 3 Replies

Joining Road Features

Is it possible to join roadways? My imported data was segmented and now when I want to move a vertex I have to move up to 4 grips. I'd like to reduce it down to 1. Is it possible when I have A Street segments to join them together to get one entity?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Not certain but I think you can do this only if you sketch the roads directly in IW and not via imported sdf or whatever.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 4
samlytle
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

I don't think joining roadways is possible. However, if I am understanding you right and there are several segments in between, I would delete the several segments in between and then redraw that section in AIW. This wouldn't eliminate all of your verticies but it would eliminate some of them.

Good luck!

-Sam

Civil FX
The art of visualizing engineering design.
Message 4 of 4
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: samlytle

That's not a workable solution since there would be lots and lots of existing roads I need to fix. Also since Infraworks doesn't have a stable file structure I've found I need to recreate the model over and over again. It seems "revolutionary" means not being able to use basic GIS functions to join features. Autodesk already has the code base to do so, but seems like copy and pasting to reuse code isn't allowed at Autodesk. I guess Autodesk has decided to hype this product setting the bar high and has delivered way below my expectations based on their superlatives.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report