Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 360 2015.2 Crashing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Jay.Meszar
1286 Views, 9 Replies

Infraworks 360 2015.2 Crashing

I installed Infraworks 360 2015.2 and I keep getting a dialog telling me the software is crashing and that Kameleon has stopped working.  This happens when I try to use the new drainage tools.  Could this be a video card issue??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blanchm
in reply to: Jay.Meszar

Hi Jay,

It is possible that the crash is an issue with you graphics card. What type of card are you using? Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Have you submitted CERs for your crashes?

Matt

Message 3 of 10
Jay.Meszar
in reply to: blanchm

Matt,

Thanks for responding.  I have checked my graphic driver.  I never the dialog to submit a CER.  I think I may have gotten it once early on but thought it may have been something I did.  I haven't gotten them since.  The next time I get one, I will be sure to fill it out with my email.  jmeszar@rand.com

Message 4 of 10
Jay.Meszar

Matt,

You are correct.  It is some sort of video setting.This is what my structures look like and no pipes appear when I place pavement drainage.

Message 5 of 10
blanchm

Hi Jay,

The structure type you are seeing is a direct result of the Kameleon failure. Basically, the structure that should be displayed isn't being generated from the content. I would expect the pipes to be visible under the road in accordance with minimum cover though. They aren't dependant on Kameleon.

It might be helpful to know what graphics card you are using. Is this a new model or one from a previous release? It shouldn't matter - just curious.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 6 of 10
Jay.Meszar

NVIDIA QUADRO 2000M with driver version 9.18.13.3311

Message 7 of 10
blanchm

Although it is fairly recent I don't think your driver version is the latest. Try to get the latest from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Hopefully that will help.

Message 8 of 10
Jay.Meszar

I installed a new driver, restarted my computer and it still crashes.  However, this time I was able to put in a CER using my email address.  jmeszar@rand.com

Message 9 of 10
blanchm

All right, I see from your CER that you are using Windows 8.1 so we should have a solution for you. The issue is described in http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/... 

It includes a link to download Inventor Server SP1 which should fix the issue -  https://autodesk.box.com/InventorForAIWWin8Culverts

Please post back and let me know if this does fix your problem and thanks for submitting that CER.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 10 of 10
blanchm

Hi Jay,

Regarding the Pipes - have a look from below the road surface because the pipes won't be visible through the opaque road surface. If they are not there this may be a seperate issue from the structures.

Thanks,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report