Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfraWorks 360 PointClouds

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
701 Views, 5 Replies

InfraWorks 360 PointClouds

Why does InfraWorks 360 NOT show PointClouds while InfraWorks 2014 scenario was published WITH PointClouds?

Regards,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lippola
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John,

it has been a matter of ressources and time to make the point cloud data visible within the web and mobile clients so far. We do have it on our near term roadmap to get this content included in our scenarios.

Andreas

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: lippola

Hi, I've found that display performance (fps) becomes very worse when I load some PointClouds into InfraWorks 2014. Is this also something on your near term roadmap?

Best,

John

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I delete an InfraWorks model (using RMK on the project from the UI) which contains an *.RCS Pointcloud I get errors and the model couldn't be deleted completely from disk.

It seems that when you load the model just once, that closing the model doesn't completely clear memory. When I try to delete the remaining folder on disk, containing actually the *.RCS Pointcloud I get the following message:

Capture.PNG

AIM.exe (component of InfraWorks 2014 ??) does also not empty RAM when models are closed:

Capture2.PNG

Is this a memory leak or as designed?

Best,

John

Message 5 of 6
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: lippola

Hi Andreas,

It's been almost a year and still no Pointclouds on the InfraWorks iPad app. Can you provide an update?

Best,

J.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 6 of 6
lippola
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Hey,

so apparently we did not manage it to get it in. Also the Web&mobile direction shifted a bit a so Point clouds are more or less pushed back a bit.

Andreas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report