InfraWorks General

cheeweiloong
Message 1 of 5 (918 Views)

Importing alignment from civil 3d

918 Views, 4 Replies
07-07-2012 07:41 AM
I tried to import the alignment data into modeler but the vertical alignment data is not integrated. The road 'sticks' to the ground even I have picked the 'no draping' option. I tried to create a corridor and export but the road still does not show the correct elevation. I'm trying to create a bridge actually. I tried all the formats but nothing seems to work. Any advice. Thanks.
Employee
s.gerber
Message 2 of 5 (875 Views)

Re: Importing alignment from civil 3d

07-31-2012 02:52 AM in reply to: cheeweiloong

The vertical elevation data is not exported with the alignment. To get the expected result, you may try to create a corridor with a top surface. It's important to have a surface to transfer your vertical profile.

Hope this helps,

Seppl

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 3 of 5 (603 Views)

08-12-2013 05:24 PM in reply to: s.gerber

Can you not just export a 3D polyline from the corridor "crown" and keep the elevations of that 3D polyline to represent the road C/L? I can't seem to use these 3D Polylines and generate roads, but I think there is a way to do that without generating a surface.

Contributor
dsimenic
Message 4 of 5 (522 Views)

09-04-2013 11:17 AM in reply to: cheeweiloong
I have not problem with this. In Civil, I have a Eg surface, then create alignment and vertical profile. Then, export via .imx. Import in AIM with default options for road, only assign coordinate system. And i have a road with correct profile.
Contributor
dsimenic
Message 5 of 5 (516 Views)

09-04-2013 11:26 AM in reply to: cheeweiloong
The real question is: when AIM import Civil alignment with profile (imx format) , sometines create a design road, sometines "spline" road. Main problem is that we can SPLIT the design road, mean no bridges and others various sections. Where is the catch? And, why design road can't split?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community