Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing alignment from civil 3d

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cheeweiloong
3246 Views, 4 Replies

Importing alignment from civil 3d

I tried to import the alignment data into modeler but the vertical alignment data is not integrated. The road 'sticks' to the ground even I have picked the 'no draping' option. I tried to create a corridor and export but the road still does not show the correct elevation. I'm trying to create a bridge actually. I tried all the formats but nothing seems to work. Any advice. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s.gerber
in reply to: cheeweiloong

The vertical elevation data is not exported with the alignment. To get the expected result, you may try to create a corridor with a top surface. It's important to have a surface to transfer your vertical profile.

Hope this helps,

Seppl

Sebastian Gerber
Software Architect
Message 3 of 5
LeafRiders
in reply to: s.gerber

Can you not just export a 3D polyline from the corridor "crown" and keep the elevations of that 3D polyline to represent the road C/L? I can't seem to use these 3D Polylines and generate roads, but I think there is a way to do that without generating a surface.

Message 4 of 5
dsimenic

I have not problem with this. In Civil, I have a Eg surface, then create alignment and vertical profile. Then, export via .imx. Import in AIM with default options for road, only assign coordinate system. And i have a road with correct profile.
Message 5 of 5
dsimenic

The real question is: when AIM import Civil alignment with profile (imx format) , sometines create a design road, sometines "spline" road. Main problem is that we can SPLIT the design road, mean no bridges and others various sections. Where is the catch? And, why design road can't split?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report