Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start with available data (need help)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
apachiee_pk
768 Views, 1 Reply

How to start with available data (need help)

Hello,

I have just started working on AIM 2013, I have been using C3D 2012 for my design, I want to create 3D model for my project area, the files are in autocad format (dwg). The thing is, my project is in concept/ preliminary  design stage thats why i have complete road layout in autocad 2012, proposed design (only centerlines) & ground surface in C3D 2012, now i want to import the drawing (dwg) data into AIM to use it & develop 3D model, but i am unable to do it, when i load my road layout in AIm it take ages to process the data & process never finishes too.

I don`t know how to deal with imx files, gis files extra.. I don`t have much knowledge about them, I can only play with dwg data or landxml....

please advise, I like software a lot, but i dont know how to complete task asper the avaiulable data, once i have some command on software I am planning to refer AIM in my company too.

Thank you. very much.

Regards,

apachiee_pk

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello

If you work with Civil3D you have the opportunity to use the IMX workflow to bring your data over to AIM instead of using the dwg files directly. IMX is much more powerful for the workflow you are describing and you have not to know much about GIS data. Also the mapping is much simpler.

In Civil3D, select export to IMX in the application menu or in the output ribbon, import it in AIM by using the Data Source widget.

For any further questions, please feel free to ask again.

Heiko

Heiko Meyerdirks
Senior Manager, Engineering
AEC Design-BID-Infrastructure

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report