Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import the custom corridor model from Civil 3D?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cadbeyond
1743 Views, 4 Replies

How to import the custom corridor model from Civil 3D?

Do you guy know what is the ideal way for import the Civil 3D corridor model to InfraWork? I tried to use corridor solide of Civil 3D 2014 to create a normal AutoCAD 3D geometry. I think this is not the ideal way.

The corridor is created by subassembly composer and generate the model in Civil 3D.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Cadbeyond

On the Output tab in Civil 3D, there is an option to Export to IMX.  This is what you want to use going between Civil 3D and Infraworks.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
Cadbeyond
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks. I have double check the importing of the IMX file. The corridor solid model cannot be exported via the ExportIMX. Only DTM surface, alignment can be exported to InfraWork! Do you guy have an idea how to open the Corridor model in InfraWork?

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Cadbeyond

Hi,

>> The corridor solid model cannot be exported via the ExportIMX.

>> Only DTM surface, alignment can be exported to InfraWork!

Why not creating a new surface based on the top elements from your corridor modell?

3D-Solids are not the best option to transfer a corridor, but if you want to have that I guess you can run WBLOCK to export the 3D-Solid to a new drawing and then load this drawing. Infraworks will then not recognize that as street, but you may import it like a building.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Cadbeyond
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks all for your reply.

As the corridor model is the tunnel, using the surface is not the good idea. 

Finally I used the "Extract Corridor Solid" to create a DWG and convert it to FBX. The FBX can be imported to InfraWork. 

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report