Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Animation Project

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
thoellering2
841 Views, 9 Replies

First Animation Project

Opinions? This is my first project with generating an Animation in Infra-Modeler. About two weeks of work, including generating the surface from various sources, rendering the 3D Dam in Max, Power Point Video's etc. Still some small bugs here or there, but its close to being done. Hope this link works...

https://ftp.anthc.org/bds/Login.do?id=A03344603&p1=naj16v1sbeeffhbeljiiih20

Thanks,

Thomas

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
neilyj666
in reply to: thoellering2

I'll take a look at this when I get a chance to download it...:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 10
thoellering2
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks - please do. I now have 3D Pine Trees! Rendering as we speak. I modified the Z value by 1.5 to give them that tall gangly look like the Sitka Spruce we have up here, and they look very passable. Made teh scene more cloudy and later in the afternoon as well. At one point I had so many trees in the scene that it barely even loaded the files.

The Engineer (by boss) will be showing this video animation to the Mayor of the town of Ouzinkie, Alaska. Google Map it...its pretty out there.

Thomas

Message 4 of 10
neilyj666

Looks good to me...was it all done in Infraworks?

Are you willing to share the pine trees - I have the same issue of needing pine trees rather than the sub tropical species as supplied... I'm in Scotland at 56 degrees North.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
thoellering2

Here is a link to the Pine-trees someone so kindly posted. Careful, they are very detailed. I have a new video with the pinetrees that I need to review and then compile.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=c496ff0195bc84c548c40e15ead9164&ct=mdsa&prevstart...

I used Autocad 2014, Civil 3D, 3DS Max, Infraworks, Powerpoint (intro & credits) and Camtasia to put it all together.

Cheers,

Thomas

PS: Scotland, ehh? Nice. I'm a German living in Alaska - always wanted to go hang out in a tiny Scotish village somewhere and watch the weather go by...do absolutely nothing but go on walks and find a quite church someplace. Thats my dream vacation..:)

Message 6 of 10
neilyj666

Yeah....If it isn't raining, it's about to start...and if it is then it's going to get worse....

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
thoellering2

Nice - I uploaded the newer version of the video (it has sound too by the way) that shows the Pine Trees, and I made the sky a bit cloudier and in the afternoon. Looks cool...now trying to figure out how to use the road tools with the camera pathing...

The same link should still work for the new video.

Thomas

Message 8 of 10
thoellering2

We saved a couple of different file versions (such as MP4) which turned out to be much smaller. At 70.2MB its a very nice size for the video. Enjoy - coments and suggestions welcome.

Thomas

First Infra2014 Project - Ouzinkie Dam, Alaska

https://ftp.anthc.org/bds/Login.do?id=A03350043&p1=o2j24uhsbeegbbfeljiigh20

Message 9 of 10

Good job Thomas.  Now that you know how to do it, the next one won't take as long Smiley Happy

Todd Rogers
Message 10 of 10

I sure hope not. The thing I had the most issue with was not the program itself, but knowing what file types to convert when to do what. I literally had to map my whiteboard with pathing so that I could track the migration of file-types back and forth.

Autocad 3D Model ---> Max (Apply Materials) ---> Export as 3DS File ---> Import to Infra2014

Civil 3D Surface ---> Import to Max (Surface Smoothing & Editing) --- Export as IMX File ---> Import to Infra 2014

Final Model ---> Add Surface Materials (Dirt, Water, Grass), 3D Geometry (Trees, People etc), Storyboard (Camera Path) ---> Export Video

Powerpoint for Intro & Credits ---> Export Video

Download Music Files

Camtasia ---> Import Intro, Import Video, Import Credits, Add Sound & Edit Models, CAD FIles and Music many times. GOTO 01...

Export Various movie files - and boss wants changes..NOOOOOOO 🙂

Was a ton of work learning the workflow first, and some basic key commands and functions in Infra. Other than that, worked aweseome.

Thanks,

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report