Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting IMX with Image

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nkg2
900 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting IMX with Image

Maybe I was dreaming or something but I could have sworn that if I inserted a DEM and an Image (draped) in Infraworks that I could do a boundary export of both the surface and the draped image.   Currently only the surface is showing up.  Was I just dreaming?  Thx

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: nkg2

I think you were dreaming. I've never seen any way to export a surface with a draped image.

It's easy enough to use the same image in Civil 3D as you used in InfraWorks and drape it on the surface there.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
nkg2
in reply to: nkg2

Thank you for the reply.  I absolutely love how the translator works in infraworks better than civil3d and sometime map3d especially with DEMs and images for large areas because of the fact that if your area in question is on the border of two or more DEM tiles, Infraworks makes it seamless and then do export to IMX for the area in question and BAM done and done.  I hear it will be a mute point here soon as 2015 is slated to allow plotting and clipping Bing Map images.   Totally excited!

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report