Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export IIMX only brings in part of the profile.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BrianHailey
483 Views, 3 Replies

Export IIMX only brings in part of the profile.

When exporting a design road to an IMX file and then bringing that into C3D, only a part of the design profile comes along for the ride. Any idea why?

2014 R2

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Yes.  You must purchase InfraWorks 360 Pro, purchase ALL the add-ons, purchase cloud credits, purchase a SSD hard drive, purchase subscription for 1000 years, and use your arm and leg for collateral.  

Actually, I'm not sure.  It has been working for me quite well.  Except for the horrible surface it creates.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4

Turns out it was exporting the entire thing. When I exported it, I used the default coordinate system (in my case UTM84-13N). When I brought it into my drawing, I was using the coordinate system CO83-NF (an imperial coordinate system). When it brought the data in, in converted everything to feet except for the profile so it LOOKED like it didn't get the entire thing. I realized this when I created a surface profile for the alignment and saw the elevations of the profile where less then a third of what they should have been. If I export it to an imperial coordinate system and then bring it into my drawing, it worked just fine.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report