InfraWorks General

Contributor
r.j.w.cross
Message 1 of 3 (287 Views)

Customising road styles

287 Views, 2 Replies
03-29-2012 04:20 PM

HI,

I am attempting to create realistic looking road styles. The issue I have run into is putting custom textures on road surfaces. I would like to be able to put a striped texture in the middle of the road (as shown in the raster below) but I can't seem to find a way to change the top surface category in the road editor (even in the XML). Is there a way to insert custom matrials into road surfaces?

AIM roadstyle.png

Contributor
r.j.w.cross
Message 2 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: Customising road styles

03-29-2012 05:48 PM in reply to: r.j.w.cross

Worked it out.. was right there in front of me. :smileyhappy: I needed to choose the default material group on the road editor, which I could then add new categories to and then asign the materials to each category.

Couldn't find a good way to have slopping lines on the texture (due to how they are handled around corners etc. so went with horizontal ones, which looks ok.

Employee
konstantin.baumann
Message 3 of 3 (276 Views)

Re: Customising road styles

03-30-2012 01:48 AM in reply to: r.j.w.cross

Can you provide some screenshots? :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community