Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage Area for Runoff and SWM

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cpennetti
571 Views, 0 Replies

Coverage Area for Runoff and SWM

I'm really liking the continued development of the application... had one thing that i think could really help us out;

Would it be possible to create a set of tools for preliminary stormwater management and sustainable design?  My thought was that we could assign coverage areas with varying runoff values, C factors or CN curve numbers, which might be solved through a soils (.shp) layer and an additional layer for impervious or pervious settings.  The two layers would create a runoff layer set, so we could use the polygon selection tool and determine area/runoff values.

Then, we could run the math and use some of the water feature tools and grading tools to get a rough idea of required size of systems based on volume comps, or some LID calcs to determine number and size of required systems, or possible volume for reuse.  Maybe there could be a system setup so that you could assign some storm distribution curves within the model, and then determine runoff volumes within InfraWorks.  Autodesk could even take the moving clouds of 2014, and make them rain when computing storm runoff components.

connection to pipes and pipe connectors with some additional hydraulics built in would be great.  or maybe import/export of the GIS or IMX files from something like Storm and Sanitary Analysis?  I feel like it's so close already...

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report